Sunday, June 8, 2014

A BLOGPOST A DAY....

Hey guys. So, as we all probably already know, I'm not that great at making blogposts regularly. I had previously blamed it on being too busy/not having anything to write about, but I realize now that I was just making petty excuses. Earlier today I watched an interview with John Green, and one of the questions he was asked was, "How do you deal with writer's block?" He responded with, "My dad always says to me, 'A coal miner doesn't get to get coal miner's block. It's your work, do your work.'" And YES, I'm not a full-time writer, YES it's not my official job, and YES people probably wouldn't care if I stopped posting on here, but it is something I enjoy doing (believe it or not) and so I'm applying Mr. Green's wise words to this blog. KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? Lots more posts. Cause I'm gonna do work.

Do not fear, these posts won't be random what-is-Gabby-thinking ramblings because that would probably be terrible. I'm going to attempt to have somewhat of a schedule, and post every business day, aka I get Saturdays and Sundays off, JUST LIKE A REAL JOB. Each day of the week will be assigned a general topic, and then every day I'll post something related to the topic of that day. SOUNDS COOL, HUH? Well, this is definitely something that might not end up happening. If it ends up being a failure, I'll probably just delete this post and no one will ever know how much of a failure I am. The plan is to not fail though, so let's do this.

Although I COULD tell you all the topics for each day of the week right now, I think I'll just let them be a surprise this first week. (This means I actually have no idea what the topics for each day are and am stalling). 

OH OH ALSO, I graduated last night! I am officially a high school graduate! One week from today I leave for college, and "I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -Perks of Being a Wallflower. Excellent book, however ridiculously sad and kind of depressing.

LOVE YOU ALL, and talk to you very very soon! Eeeeek!


Something to listen to:
Come Sail Away // Styx
This one has been on repeat the past couple weeks.
GRADUATING AND MOVING ON TO NEW ADVENTURES, SO COOL.



XOXO,
gabs.

1 comment:

  1. This is great Gabby! I'll get easier access to your college life and try to hold you to your regular posting days ;) Not to make that sound terribly creepy.

    ReplyDelete